Reader.

10. August 2011

Chick Lit: Pictures of Lily

Autor: Paige Toon
Ersterscheinung: 2010
Besonderheiten: Wiederkehrende Charaktere, aber kein Handlungszusammenhang
Beendet am: 10.08.2011

Kurzzusammenfassung:
'Will you marry me?' I think of you, then. I think of you every day. But usually in the quietest part of the morning, or the darkest part of the night. Not when my boyfriend of two years has just proposed. I look up at Richard with his hopeful eyes. 'Lily?' he prompts. It's been ten years, but it feels like only yesterday that you left. How can I say yes to Richard with all my heart when most of it has always belonged to you? I take a deep breath and will myself to speak...Ten years ago when Lily was just sixteen, she fell in love with someone she really shouldn't have fallen in love with. Now, living in Sydney and engaged to another man, she can't forget the one that got away. Then her past comes back to haunt her, and she has to make a decision that will break her heart - and the heart of at least one of the men who love her.

Persönliche Meinung:
Selten habe ich ein Buch gelesen, dass mich so gefesselt und angesprochen hat wie dieses. Im Grunde ist es ein typisches Thema für ein ChickLit Buch, aber die Art, wie Paige Toon schreibt ist einfach nur einmalig. Außerdem weiß man ja eigentlich bei solchen Büchern schon auf Seite 10 wie es ausgehen wird...doch hier war ich bis zum letzten Kapitel wirklich unsicher, wie die story enden würde. Alle Charaktere sind so beschrieben, dass man mit ihnen mitfühlen und sich in sie hineinversetzen kann...am Ende hat man das Gefühl, alle wirklich zu kennen ;) Absolut empfehlenswert!

Zitate:
** He's gone. I've lost him. It wasn't enough. I wasn't enough. My heart is broken beyond repair and I know I will never love anyone like this. Ever again **

** That's the scary thing about unrequited relationships - there is no line you can draw underneath them. The love just keeps on living, bubbling away below the surface **

** I hurry away from the pond with purpose, trying to pull my whole heart with it, but a piece of it tears off and remains. As I always knew it would **

** I think of you, then. I think of you every day. But usually in the quietest part of the morning, or the darkest part of the night. Not when my boyfriend of two years has just proposed **

Meine Wertung: 5 / 5

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen